Aside from pricing, the key to selling your old home quickly is making sure potential buyers are "wowed" when they walk in.
Keep reading for insider answers on "showing to sell fast" from a professional home staging company.
- Ramp up the first impression. Spruce up your exterior with inexpensive shrubs and flowers. Add a table or chest with fresh-cut stems or just-baked cookies in your foyer.
- Accessorize the right way – take your cue from model homes. Get an objective outside opinion – ask someone you trust to help you evaluate the aesthetic appeal of each room.
- Scrutinize cleanliness. Focus on making your kitchen shine with new neutral paint and cabinet hardware. Buy one upscale appliance. It will make buyers think the others are high-end too.
- De-clutter and depersonalize. A good rule of thumb is to "halve" your stuff, but resist the urge to stuff the excess in closets.
- Hire the right broker. Choose someone who uses technology and knows the market inside-out.
- Identify your strongest competition – visit model homes and open houses, and take note of how they are "staged." Hire a home staging company, or get ideas from their websites' after photos.
- Hide the dog food, remove the litter box, and keep your house fur-free. Three words: doggie day care...for open houses and even showings.
- Get great photos – a must for today's online house hunting.
- Let there be light. Take down drapes. Clean windows. Install brighter light bulbs, and trim shrubbery. A cheery house is a SOLD house.
- Price it right!! Reduce your price 15 to 20 percent off the market value. It's the best way to get multiple offers and encourage prospects to bid up the price.
Is there any advantage to using a Home Stager when I get ready to move?
Yes, they view your home as a prospective buyer would see your home.
They will assist you in removing clutter in rooms, closets, garages and other areas. This will also help you in advance of packing it all up when you move. Why not get started earlier?
Can my Orleans sales representative recommend a professional home staging company to help me sell my existing home?
Yes, your Orleans sales representative has several recommendations in their area to assist you.
The sooner your sell your existing home, the sooner you can move into your new Orleans home!